As we continue to explore the “Seasons of Manhood,” we turn our focus to the Summer season—defined by men between the ages of 25-45 who are moving into the commitment phase of life. This is a season of both opportunity and challenge, a time when many of us are settling into careers, forming long-term relationships, and perhaps starting families. It’s a season that tests our mettle, asking us to balance multiple responsibilities while striving for personal and spiritual growth.
Advice for Navigating the Summer Season
- Prioritize Your Relationships: Whether it’s your spouse, children, or friends, make time for the people who matter most.
- Invest in Your Spiritual Life: This is a great time to deepen your faith. Whether it’s through prayer, study, or community involvement, make your spiritual growth a priority.
- Set Boundaries at Work: It’s easy to get caught up in career ambitions, but remember to set boundaries to maintain a work-life balance.
- Financial Planning: Consider this the time to start serious financial planning. Whether it’s saving for a home, children’s education, or retirement, make informed decisions now.
- Self-Care: With so many responsibilities, don’t forget to take care of yourself. Exercise, eat well, and make time for activities that bring you joy and relaxation.
The Summer Season: A Testing Ground
Summer is a challenging season, a real testing ground. It’s normal to fail; in fact, you definitely will at some point. But that’s okay. Each failure is an opportunity for growth, a lesson that helps you navigate the complexities of this season more wisely. The key is to learn from these experiences and to use them as stepping stones for future success.
So, I’m just entering this season of life and I just made an honest mistake. You see, last week I inadvertently posted a video that contained some inappropriate language. I apologize to anyone who may have been offended and commit to ensuring that such an oversight does not happen again. “To err is human, to forgive is divine.” Thanks for being divine!
The Summer Season: Recalculating and Recommitting
During the summer season of life many men find that the sins of their youth have come to full fruition in the form of destructive behaviors and addictions that destroy marriages, careers, and even lives. At these times men either continue to spiral out of control or have a “coming to Jesus” moment where they turn their life around and recommit their lives to God.
This past weekend, during our powerful Men Under Construction Retreat, we had 10 men, many of whom were in the summer season of life, recommit their life to Christ and get rebaptized. It was a wonderful experience that we will never forget. Men’s retreats provide opportunities for men to quit straddling the fence and get ALL IN with God!
If you’ve never experienced a men’s retreat like this before you really owe it to yourself. Our next Men Under Construction Retreat is coming up soon on October 27-29 at Indian Creek Camp. Registration ends on October 20 so don’t delay!
Here’s to Building Together with Him!