THE AIRSTREAM BASECAMP PROJECT
THE AIRSTREAM BASECAMP
To transform a vintage Airstream into a multipurpose basecamp that will serve in the following ways…
1. Outdoor Ability Restoration (OAR)
- The trailer will be modified to provide a basecamp for handicap individuals
- Primary outdoor adventure will be adaptive kayaking
- Modification will include ramp and large toilet/shower
2. Prayer Stream
- A mobile prayer room that could be set up at various locations including college campuses to provide prayer ministry.
3. Outdoor Adventure
- Blueprint for Men provides many outdoor adventure activities where a basecamp would be helpful.
- Features of the camper would be…
- Toy hauler capability with ramp access in rear.
- Large bathroom as per modification for handicap people
- Kitchen would be outside under the awning to provide larger space for group
- The interior will provide flexible space for meeting and sleeping
4. Promoting Blueprint for Men
- This trailer could be pulled to events where men’s ministry could be promoted.
GETTING THE JOB DONE:
The following is a checklist and estimated schedule for the completion of this project…
- Purchase of 1972 31′ Sovereign Land Yacht Airstream – completed April 2018 – pictured below
- Trailer transported to the job site in Ringgold, GA – completed May 2018 – pictured below
- Job Site Preparation – June 2018
- Gutting and cleaning the trailer – June 2018
- Design plans completed – June 2018
- Structural modifications for handicap use – TBD
- Electrical wiring roughed in – TBD
- Plumbing roughed in – TBD
- Spray foam insulation – TBD
- Interior sheathing – TBD
- Kitchen, bath, dining, and bed furnishings – TBD
- Plumbing and lighting trim – TBD
- HVAC Systems – TBD
- New awning – TBD
- New jack and propane tanks – TBD
- Exterior finishing – TBD
Estimated cost to complete this project is $25,000
Estimated completion date is November 2018
If you are interested in helping with this project email us at email@example.com
We need skilled and unskilled volunteers as well as financial contributions. Thanks in advance!