The Future of Men’s Ministry
Join with other men’s ministry leaders as we prayerfully seek God’s guidance to develop a vision that will build a strong men’s ministry in the Southern Union and beyond. During our time together we will discuss strategies for building and sustaining a rock solid men’s ministry through…
- exposing the MYTHS of men’s ministry
- establishing the PURPOSE of men’s ministry
- building a strong men’s LEADERSHIP team
- creating a wide variety of MOMENTUM events
- providing manhood EDUCATION and
- developing men’s DISCIPLESHIP groups
Provide an opportunity for men’s ministry leaders across the Southern Union to come together for a weekend of reflection, prayer, and visioning.
- Create VISION 2020, a master plan that will refine the message and goals of men’s ministry for the next decade
- Create a ministry platform that supports men’s ministry within the Southern Union that provides podcasts, videos, blogs, events, publications, curriculum, and leadership training
- Plan a Southern Union Men’s Ministry Convention for the fall of 2020
Our goal is to have 4 men’s ministry leaders from all eight of the conferences in the Southern Union in attendance so we are planning on having about 32 men there for the weekend. It would be nice to have at least the conference men’s ministry director and the lay coordinator in attendance.
Vince Miller, founder and president of Resolute Men, www.beresolute.org, will help guide us through the weekend.
April 26, Friday
Evening Session 1 – History & Identity: Who Are We? How did we get here?
April 27, Saturday
Morning Session 2 – Reality Check: What are we doing? Why are we doing it?
Afternoon Session 3 – A Bold New Vision: Can we do better? How do we do this?
Evening Session 4 – Planning: Building a Foundation – Funding, communicating, calendar
April 28, Sunday
Morning Session 5 – Training Leaders: Our first priority is to train leaders
Noon Dedication: Commitment to our God given plan and vision!
Afternoon Ocoee River Rafting Trip Option
Deadline is Friday, March 29, 2019
Cost is $300/person which covers two nights lodging (double occupancy), 5 meals, polo shirt, and resource materials
We have a scholarship available for those who need assistance on a per person basis
Men, it’s time to rope up, step up, and climb on… see you at the summit!