Experience a Sabbath Day Retreat… and Discover What You’ve Been Missing!
If you’re like most people today you are over-worked, over-scheduled, over-stimulated. Maybe you even feel like you’re, well… over it! If this is you and you would like to take a day to reboot in nature consider joining me for a family friendly Sabbath Day Retreat at the Laurel-Snow Natural Area located near Dayton, TN.
This is my favorite “Pocket Wilderness” in the Chattanooga area and has been for decades. As a young man I remember hiking and camping in the Richland Creek Canyon with my friends. The waterfalls, cliffs, and massive boulders are imposing and unforgettable. And the deep swimming holes scattered up the canyon are irresistible to anyone needing body, soul and spirit refreshment!
So what does a Sabbath Day Retreat look like anyway? Well, while it’s really hard to explain all that you might experience on any given walk in the woods I can promise you that you will experience…
- Humility… through feeling vulnerable and insignificant
- Peace… by removing man-made clutter and noise
- Freedom… by removing boundaries of time and space
- Joy… by embracing God’s pure pleasures
- Community… through depending on others
- Beauty… through design, colors, textures
- Stewardship… by “leaving only footprints”
- Insight… through nature object lessons
- God Speaking… through the “Still Small Voice”
- Holiness… through meditation and prayer
- Restoration… through deep Sabbath rest
- A Taste of Eternity… through everything that is good!
If that list isn’t enough to inspire you to come along I don’t know what will! But seriously, here are the details of what to expect…
- 9:00 am – Laurel-Snow Wilderness Trail Head
- 9:30 am – Orientation
- 10:00 am – Waldensian Worship Service
- 12:00 pm – Picnic Lunch
- 1:00 pm – Nature Walk
- 4:00 pm – Return to Trail Head
What to Bring:
- Weather Appropriate Outerwear
- Hiking Shoes
- Swim Suit and Towel
- Sketch Pad/Journal
- Packable Music Instrument
- First Aid/Survival Kit
The Sabbath Day Retreat is FREE but please REGISTER HERE!